Monday, June 8, 2015

Hello Friends!

I wanted to share some super fun workouts I tried this week! I've been using Fitness Blender videos on and off for a little while, but with limited time this week for workouts I found they were perfect. They are very challenging and they have many videos in varying times, so there is always one you can fit into your day!

One thing I absolutely love about these videos is that there is no background music! Nothing at all! At first I was confused...and then I realized, I can play my own obnoxious workout music!!! So that is a real bonus to these. Play things that inspire you!

I've been mainly working out 3-4 times a week, in the morning before work (around 5;30 a.m. to 6 a.m.). And I usually only have 20-30 minutes to spend working out.

If you have never tried a HIIT workout, YOU MUST! ASAP!!! They're awesome. You move so quickly that your brain doesn't have time to register what you're doing. And you're done before you know it!
Be warned though! Start small. When I first started HIIT, my heart rate would get super high super quick and I would feel nauseous all morning. I quickly learned to modify some of the moves to bring my heart rate down a bit between intervals. It will be a while before I can keep up to the instructors' level with no modifications. But it's totally okay. It's okay not to be able to finish a workout, or finish, but at your own pace. As long as you push yourself to to better each time, you have succeeded!


I modify these workouts by marching if I can't handle a boxer shuffle or jogging in place, by doing as many plyometric moves as I can handle and then doing the rest (if I can) in non-jumping form (i.e. jumping lunges become regular lunges). Jumping jacks or squats in place of burpees or mountain climbers (after I've done as many as I can) and even pausing the video to take a minute walk around the apartment.


It can all be modified! Check out these videos and do them with me! You'll be surprised (and delighted, if you're like me) at how sore you'll be after 20 minutes!









And last but not least, this is my goal video this week!! It's longer than I've done in the past and it's definitely going to get some modifications, but I want to seriously challenge myself this week!
....I already bought some lovely muscle recovery epsom salt for the day after.... :)



Have a fabulous Monday!


-G

No comments:

Post a Comment